Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 13.04.2020 um 14:07:
Hi,

after I re-setup my computer (harddisk got tired...) I’m now trying to update
my old Midgard RPG character sheet
(https://github.com/fiee/ConTeXt/tree/master/midgard) and run into some
problems that I don’t understand while trying to fill one page with several
tables.

Here’s a quite minimal example:

\setupTABLE[c][each][width=2cm]

\starttext

\framed[offset=overlay,width=\textwidth]{%
\vbox{\bTABLE
\dorecurse{10}{\bTR\bTD x \eTD\bTD y \eTD\eTR}
\eTABLE}%
\hskip1cm%
\vbox{\bTABLE
\dorecurse{10}{\bTR\bTD x \eTD\bTD y \eTD\bTD z \eTD\eTR}
\eTABLE}%
}

\stoptext

I’m trying to get those tables side by side, but the size of the wrapping box
is somehow miscalculated – if I set the width, the left table disappeares to
the left, if I don’t, the box exceeds the paper width.
Maybe it’s completely unrelated to the tables.

In the full document, there’s also space before or after one of the tables, so
that they don’t align.
There are actually not just two tables, but a short wide one and a combination
of 3*2 small ones on the left side (that’s why I seem to need that \vbox) and a
big table on the right side. But I’ll care about the other problems if I
understand what’s going on with those boxes.

Can you see where your left table is?

\setuppapersize[A4][A3,landscape]

\setuplayout[location=middle]

\showframe

\starttext

\startframed[offset=overlay,width=max]
    \ruledvbox\bgroup
        \bTABLE[width=2cm]
            \dorecurse{10}{\bTR\bTD x \eTD\bTD y \eTD\eTR}
        \eTABLE
    \egroup
    \hskip1cm
    \ruledvbox\bgroup
        \bTABLE[width=2cm]
            \dorecurse{10}{\bTR\bTD x \eTD\bTD y \eTD\bTD z \eTD\eTR}
        \eTABLE
    \egroup
\stopframed

\stoptext