On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 16:52, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >> If you want to go this route (and you may have to if not each record
> >> fits exactly within a single page),
> >
> > I do have one page per document. The more annoying part is having
> > strange document names that need more attention when mapping page
> > number -> name (I'm not saying this is not doable).
>
> so, don't make files:
>
> - write a tex file foo.tex
> - process it: context --batch --result=1 --once foo
>
> etc ... so, use --result for the target name and use the same input name

This works just perfect, thank you very much.

I now have template.tex and process it with
    context --batch --result=doc-0042 --someparam=21a --once template
which generates precisely the desired doc-0042.pdf.

For the moment I'm simply using a combination of
    \doifdocumentargument {someparam} {\getdocumentargument{someparam}}
from TeX and
    environment.arguments
from within the lua code as suggested by Taco and you in the previous
email thread.

Where would be the best way to document this / under what wiki topic,
as I'm sure I'll need it again and forget until then unless I write it
down immediately? "Mail merge"? ;)

Thank you very much,
    Mojca