Hi,

I would like to reference a table of the following structure.

\starttext

\startplacetable[reference=tab1,title={A table},location=split]
\startxtable
\startxrow
\startxcell hi \stopxcell
\stopxrow
\stopxtable
\stopplacetable

In Table \in[tab1]

\stoptext

It has [location=split], which I need this because xtable doesn’t like to be
placed without a split; and apparently neither does it accept the
\placetable[ref]{...} syntax. However, the reference is now no longer detected.

I can see that the split table’s caption is about to become "Table 1.a.",
"Table 1.b" etc. and I appreciate that this is potentially a quite complex
mechanism anyways, but if there was any chance to  get a reference as “Table
1”, I would be helped a lot.

On similar lines, is there a way to have “Table 1 (continued).” in the caption?

Cheers

Benjamin