On 6/11/2020 4:06 AM, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that in the latest LMTX version, ^^ (with ^ of catcode 7)
is no longer interpreted inside csnames. Is this intentional?

(Example:

\starttext
\catcode\circumflexasciicode=\superscriptcatcode% Ensure correct catcodes

\show ^^41 % This still works and shows "> the letter A"

\show^^41 % This used to be an error "Undefined control sequence \showA",
           % now show "> The letter A"

\show\^^41 % Used to show "> \A=undefined", now shows ">
\^=macro:->\enco_handle_accent {^}"
            % and "! Missing $ inserted"
\stoptext

)
Indeed that is intentional because in lmtx we disable them (partially). You have to say:

\normalsupmarkmode\zerocount % we use 1 as default in lmtx

This is because in lmtx we have native prescript support, as in:

  $ x^{rt}_{rb}^^{lt}__{lb} $

so, double _ ^ can have a different meaning there.