I'm using both LMTX from the ConTeXt standalone installation and a TeX Live
installation. Since I'm using binaries from the standalone (and added LMTX
to path, etc.), I created soft links in texmf-modules via

ln -s /usr/local/texlive/2020/texmf-dist/tex ~/lmtx/tex/texmf-modules/tex

and similar (lmtx is my directory for the standalone).

LuaTeX finds files without any issues. However LuaMetaTeX gives the
following error:

runtime error : input file (name of file) is not found, quitting

The same result is for modules, .sty files and .tex files. Is this
intentional, a bug in LMTX, or is a better solution possible? In case it's
useful, I'm working with Ubuntu 20.04. Thank you a lot.

Jairo :)