On 7/15/2020 5:03 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
Dear list,

I have the following sample:

     \definefontfamily
         [mainface]
         [rm]
         [TeX Gyre Pagella]
         [it={style:regular, features:{default, slanted}},
          bi={style:regular, features:{default, boldened, slanted}},
          bf={style:regular, features:{default, boldened}}]

     \setupbodyfont[mainface]

     \starttext
     \input{zapf}\\
     {\it \input{zapf}}\\
     {\bf \input{zapf}}\\
     {\bi \input{zapf}}\\
     \stoptext

I’m afraid that LMTX (current latest 2020.07.13 23:53) cannot deal with
the boldened feature. MkIV (from 2020.01.30 14:13) works just fine.

Am I missing something or have I hit a bug?
I have a fix. This kind of trickery is complicated by the fact that mkiv and lmtx follow a bit different route and that there is still mkiv code around that does the lmtx backend stuff (mkiv also had a lua pdf backend but it was dropped at some point because it made no sense to keep it).

Features like these effects often are the result of playing around (as i always want something weirdly new to present at e.g. a BT or CTX meeting or just because it rains outside and I have a stack of new cd's to listen to). For sure they can be made better if there is demand.

The same is true for variables fonts, emoji etc ... all these were supported as soon as the fonts showed up providing them, but it's hard to predict if any of that is actually used or useful.

Anyway, you seem to use most trickery so ... fix in next upload (but I really do need to strip away old code some day).