On 7/28/2020 6:51 AM, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
I am installing the Windows version of ConTeXt, which comes with a VSCode extension, in

    <ConTeXt>\tex\texmf-context\context\data\vscode\extensions

with instructions to run (from within the VSCode terminal):

    code -- extensions-dir <above directory> -- install-extension context

The trouble is that the current ConTeXt installation (as of 65 minutes ago), doesn't seem to contain an extension in the format that VSCode understands.  Running that command produces the errors:

    Installing extensions...
    Extension 'context' not found.
    Make sure you use the full extension ID, including the publisher,
    e.g.: ms-dotnettools.csharp
    Failed Installing Extensions: context:

For what it's worth, I'm running VSCode 1.46.0.

How can I install the VSCode ConTeXt extension?
Here i just run this (seems to work with latest update):

data/context/vscode-context.cmd

(I only occasionally check vscode and will look into it again when there is easy suffix dependent runner support. Of course I do generate the syntax files.)