> Am 01.08.2020 um 22:44 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster
> <wolfgang.schuster.li...@gmail.com>:
>>> \define[1]\Ort{\expanded{\index{...}}}
>> Ah, I never know where to expand (tried \expanded\ctxlua).
>
> \expanded needs a argument, i.e. \expanded{...}

I recognized it doesn’t work otherwise. But I thought TeX would always use the
next token? Isn’t a command (or its result?) such a token?

>>> When you use formatting commands etc. you have to use the optional argument
>>> for sorting.
>> I don’t understand.
>> \Ort[kursiv->]{Hamburg} works.
>
> You mentioned only \index{\emph{...}} in your mail ...

I tried to simplify and couldn’t remember which command I needed when I had the
\index{\something} problem (probably something similar, i.e. a self defined
command that changed the text of the index entry).

>>> %%%% begin tex example
>> Oh, this is also nice. But isn’t the Lua version faster? (I have >600 person
>> entries and a few hundred locations).
>
> Hard to say without testing but the difference can be ignored because \index
> itself is what take processing time.

Ok, thank you!

Hraban