On 8/13/20 1:16 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> On 13 Aug 2020, at 13:07, Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:
>> [...]
>> I get the following error message (that breaks compilation) when I add
>> \setupxtable[split=yes]:
>>
>>   You can't use '\prevdepth' in restricted horizontal mode
>> [...]
>> My questions are: what is the restricted horizontal mode (as different
>> from the horizontal mode)? Why might it be triggered with
>> \startxtable[split=yes] in the huge source, but not in the single file?
>
> At a wild guess, as I had a similar problem in my XML: try using
> \startembeddedxtable
> instead of \startxtable. In my case, what happened was that a row of the
> xtable
> ended up in the header/footer, generating the same error message you got.
>
> Not sure if it is actually the same problem, but switching is worth a shot.
> The \startxtable does not like to be wrapped into other environments,
> so \startembeddedxtable is much better for that.

Many thanks for your reply, Taco.

Sorry for not realizing that I was missing it: I already use
\startembeddedxtable to deal with XML.

The first time I tried to add table support to my environment for XML, I
cound’t make \startxtable work.

I wonder what triggers the error with a huge file.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk