> Am 26.08.2020 um 12:13 schrieb jbf <roma83...@gmail.com>:
>
> Thank you. Let's see if the Quality Control person is convinced by what she
> gets with the suggested measurements.
>
> I usually set things up 'as if' they would be on A4, in this case,
> \setuppapersize[ACN][A4] (ACN being the name I give to the 140x216mm book in
> question).
>
> And yes, I have looked carefully at the 'Layout' section of Contextgarden,
> but the difficulty always is marrying its terminology with what someone wants
> who deals only with InDesign. And that causes confusion (for me, at least).
> But it certainly helps me to know that 'your left margin is backspace', since
> I had been presuming that 'leftmargin' meant left margin!
>
> Maybe, one of these days, someone with experience in both ConTeXt and
> InDesign (since InDesign is used by very many commercial publishers, but I am
> trying to convince one of them of the value of ConTeXt) could offer a
> comparison of the layout terminology/measurements/requirements for both. I
> for one would find that very helpful.

While I was a long time user of InDesign (2.0 to CS 5.5), and QuarkXPress
before, I don’t use it any more, my old copy doesn’t run any more on my current
MacOS. Nowadays I use Serif’s Affinity Publisher/Designer for graphical layout
jobs (also not free and not a full replacement, but good enough if you know how
to work around the quirks, and much cheaper).

The terms and measures of graphical layout programs aren’t directly
translatable to TeX since the concepts are just too different. Even the pt is
different.

Hraban