Thanks Jan, that is an extensive bit of work below! Might take me a while to digest, but I'll explore it carefully.

Julian

On 3/9/20 6:29 pm, Jan Willem Flamma wrote:

Dear Julian,

I use something similar using a main product file, an environment file that contain the styling and several components that build up the frontmatter, the manual and the appendices.

Below my setup where I start the roman numbering on the table of contents page (page 5 or v in roman)

Once the bodymatter starts the pagenumber is set  to the arabic 1 (see below in the main product file)

You should be able to copy and adapt to your needs.

Kind regards,

Jan Willem Flamma

*The main product file*

==============

\environment env-WA

\startproduct currentproduct

% Document definitions

\define\MyManual{Course Manual}

\define\MyTitle{Title}

\define\MySubtitleOne{Subtitle 1}

\define\MySubtitleTwo{Subtitle 2}

\define\MyRevnumber{Revision number}

% Load frontmatter files

\startfrontmatter

\component fm-frontpage

\component fm-titlepage

\component fm-tableofcontents

\stopfrontmatter

% Load bodymatter file

\startbodymatter

\setupbackgrounds

[leftpage]

[setups=pagenumber:left]

\setupbackgrounds

[rightpage]

[setups=pagenumber:right]

\setuppagenumber[number=1]

\component co-01

\component co-02

\stopbodymatter

% Load backmatter files

\startbackmatter

\setupbackgrounds

[leftpage]

[setups=pagenumber:left]

\setupbackgrounds

[rightpage]

[setups=pagenumber:right]

\startappendices

\component co-ap-01

\component co-ap-02

\stopappendices

\stopbackmatter

% Load external PDF documents

\setuppagenumber[state=stop]

\copypages[External PDF/app1.pdf][n=4]

\stopproduct

=============

*The env-WA.tex file (below is about pagenumbering only)*

=============

% Start chapter on right (odd) page, pagenumber = bottom right

\setuppagenumbering

[alternative=doublesided,

     location=right]

% Pagenumbering style

\definestructureconversionset

[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]

\definestructureconversionset

[bodypart:pagenumber] [][numbers]

\definestructureconversionset

[appendix:pagenumber] [][numbers]

=============

*The fm-frontpage.tex file*

============

\startcomponent currentcomponent

\product product

% Front page layout

\startstandardmakeup

% Place logo centered on page

\framed[height=5cm,width=broad,frame=off]

{\externalfigure[frontpage-logo.png][width=12cm]}

% Place course titles

\blank[6*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\bfc \MyManual}}

\blank[4*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfc \MyTitle}}

\blank[2*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfc \MySubtitleOne}}

\blank[2*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfc \MySubtitleTwo}}

\vfill

\stopstandardmakeup

\stopcomponent

============

*The fm-titlepage.tex file*

============

\startcomponent currentcomponent

\product product

\startstandardmakeup

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfb \MyManual}}

\blank[2*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfb \MyTitle}}

\blank[2*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfb \MySubtitleOne}}

\blank[2*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfb \MySubtitleTwo}}

\blank[10*big]

\color[Modu_Blue]{\midaligned{\tfb \MyRevnumber}}

\blank

\midaligned{\color[Modu_Blue]{\tfb \currentdate[month,year]}}

\blank[10*big]

\midaligned{\color[Modu_Blue]{\tfb Written by:}}

\blank

\midaligned{\color[Modu_Blue]{\tfb Company name}}

\blank

\midaligned{\color[Modu_Blue]{\tfb City, Country}}

\vfill

\stopstandardmakeup

\stopcomponent

============

*The fm-tableofcontents.tex file*

============

\startcomponent currentcomponent

\product product

\setupbackgrounds

[leftpage]

[setups=pagenumber:left]

\setupbackgrounds

[rightpage]

[setups=pagenumber:right]

% This is where I want the roman numbering to start

\setuppagenumber[number=5]

\starttitle[title=Table of Contents]

\placecontent

\stoptitle