On Tue, 22 Sep 2020, Denis Maier wrote:

> Also, how do you easiest define booktabs style tables? I mean: can you
> define tables such that the last row end with thicker lines without
> having to make this explicit? Is there a mechanism for this?

You can get this behavior using any of table mechanism. The wiki has an example
when using the (now deprecated) TaBlE macros

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table#Booktabs

The same effect is rather easy to achieve when using natural tables as well.

\startsetups booktabs
  \setupTABLE[each][each][frame=off]
  \setupTABLE[row][first][topframe=on,rulethickness=1.2bp]
  \setupTABLE[row][2]    [topframe=on,rulethickness=0.6bp]
  \setupTABLE[row][last] [bottomframe=on, rulethickness=1.2bp]

  \setupTABLE[row][first][style=bold]
\stopsetups

\starttext

\startTABLE[setups=booktabs]
  \NC Heading 1 \NC Heading 2 \NC Heading 3 \NC \NR
  \NC Value 1   \NC Value 2   \NC Value 3   \NC \NR
  \NC Value 1   \NC Value 2   \NC Value 3   \NC \NR
  \NC Value 1   \NC Value 2   \NC Value 3   \NC \NR
\stopTABLE
\stoptext

Aditya