On Wed, 28 Oct 2020, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:

> > Dear list,
> >
> > I have the following sample:
> >
> >   \mainlanguage[es]
> >   \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
> >   \starttext
> >
> >   %~ \startmode[*last]
> >     \startluacode
> >     io.write("¿Cuál es el mensaje? ")
> >     document.message = io.read()
> >     \stopluacode
> >   %~ \stopmode
> >
> >   El mensaje es: \cldcontext{document.message}
> >   \stoptext
> >
> I’d really appreciate to know how to request an extra pass in ConTeXt.

As the manual says, "This mode is set if the last run in a session is taking
place. Normally this is not known in advance, unless one has asked for an
additional imposition pass."

Why do you want to use the last mode for this? The new information can lead to
an extra line-break or extra page-break, which might then need an extra run to
resolve correctly. So, it might be better to ask the information in the first
run and save it in the tuc file using the two pass mechanism:

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/datasetvariable

Aditya