On 11/6/2020 3:54 PM, n...@scorecrow.com wrote:
This, I'm certain, used to work with an LMTX from the beginning of the year but I've
upgraded to "ConTeXt  ver: 2020.11.05 23:01 LMTX  fmt: 2020.11.6  int:
english/english" and now it doesn't.

I have a single .tex file in a directory, containing:

---begin---
\definefont [TwelveC] [file:Bondi12CPlus.TTF at 14pt]
\starttext
Keycaps: \TwelveC 123.45 \tf and back again
\stoptext
---end---

In the same directory I have the TTF font file which can be obtained from
<https://www.educalc.net/2336507.page>. It is calculator keycap images for use
in documentation.

In the PDF I get just blank space where the keycaps should be and Adobe
Reader's document info seems to think there is only one font in the file i.e.
the keycap font didn't get embedded. However, the console output includes the
lines:

mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: 12C_test.pdf, compresslevel 3,
objectcompresslevel 1
mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns: en::1, load time: 0.000
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 3 files: latinmodern-math.otf,
lmroman12-regular.otf, bondi12cplus.ttf
mkiv lua stats  > font engine: otf 3.111, afm 1.513, tfm 1.000, 8 instances, 3
shared in backend, 3 common vectors, 0 common hashes, load time 0.132 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > font embedding time: 0.006 seconds, 2 fonts

which suggests LMTX thinks it loaded the font but decided not to embed it for
some reason.

I'm probably doing something silly since it's been several months since I last
looked at this but I can't see what I might be doing wrong :-(  so any and all
help much appreciated.

PS: The font installs and displays in MacOS fine.

I've also tried
   \definefont [TwelveC] [Bondi12CPlus at 14pt]
and that fails the same way.
for now rename the file to one with a lowercase suffix (i'll check for that)