Dear list,

I am trying to switch from MKIV to LMTX. I've just found a discrepancy with the
following code which puts space between two lines in a math alignment. This
minimum breaking example uses \startcases, but the same problem arises with
other alignment macros.

\starttext
\startformula
\startcases
\NC 1 \NC if not null \NR
\noalign{\vskip2ex}
\NC 0 \NC if null \NR
\stopcases
\stopformula
\stoptext

This snippet works fine with MKIV but breaks in LMTX (see attached log file).
Is this a bug in LMTX or is there another way to insert space between two lines?

I've already tried different other solutions, but none seems really appropriate:

- \intertext produces a vertical space of at least 3 lines and I haven't been
able to make it smaller;

- adding an empty line (\NC \NR) produces a smaller space but I am unable to
reduce its height below a minimum value (roughly a line);

- adding a \vrule to the above or below line works fine but it needs some
calculation depending on the content of the line.

Thank you for your help,

--
Jean-Philippe Rey
jean-philippe....@centralesupelec.fr