On Fri, 2020-11-20 at 08:17 +0100, mf wrote:
> Il 20/11/20 02:06, Johann Birnick ha scritto:

> > > Look for \startsidebar \stopsidebar and \setupsidebar.
> > >
> > > \setupsidebar [...,...] [..,..=..,..]
> > >                     1           2
> > >                    OPT
> > > 1 NAME
> > > 2 rulethickness      = DIMENSION
> > >     rulecolor          = COLOR
> > >     alternative        = NUMBER
> > >     topoffset          = DIMENSION
> > >     bottomoffset       = DIMENSION
> > >     distance           = DIMENSION
> > >     leftmargindistance = DIMENSION
> > >     level              = NUMBER
> > >
> > > Massi
> >
> > Thank you! I have two more questions:
> >
> > 1. Where can I find a documentation for this command? Even Google finds
> > nothing.
>
> I took it from the "Commands" manual. You can find it here:
>
> ./tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/qrcs/setup-en.pdf
>
> in your ConTeXt directory.
>
> > 2. Unfortunately, adding \startsidebar and \stopsidebar into the `before`
> > and
> > `after` options of my enumeration messes up whitespace at the end. Here is a
> > screenshot:
> >
> > https://s12.directupload.net/images/201120/lfmwp5lh.png
> >
> > The theorem is a normal enumeration. Like this:
> >
> > \defineenumeration[Theorem][before=\startsidebar, after=stopsidebar]
> >

> \startsidebar and \stopsidebar should be called in horizontal mode,
> since you might want to mark in the margin only a part of a paragraph.
> In that case the bar would extend from the start of the marked text
> until its end.
> The default behavior of the bar is extending from the top of the first
> line to the bottom of the last one.
> Once you ended a paragraph with \par, you're in a new line and the bar
> will extend to the bottom of it.
>
> A solution could be something like this:
>
> \dontleavehmode\startsidebar Theorem: ... \stopsidebar\par
>
> Otherwise you could adjust the bottomoffset parameter to the line
> height, so that the bar ends a line height before its default.
>
> That way you could keep
>
>  > \defineenumeration[Theorem][before=\startsidebar, after=stopsidebar]
>
> or, better:
>
> \definesidebar[Theorem][bottomoffset=...]
> \defineenumeration[Theorem][before={\startsidebar[Theorem]},after=\stopsidebar
> ]
>
> Massi

Thank you very much. Now I understand why it happens. The `after` gets called
after the end of the paragraph.

Unfortunately,

[before=\dontleavehmode\startsidebar, after=\stopsidebar\par]

doesn't work, it doesn't change anything.
I have also tried adding

\nowhitespace
\startlinecorrection ... \stoplinecorrection

at certain positions, but it doesn't change anything. Also, I have tried to call
\startsidebar by hand after \startTheorem and call \stopsidebar with
[closesymbol=\stopsidebar]. That works! But there is no field in the enumeration
where I can put [...=\startsidebar]. The fields 'stopper', 'right',
'titlecommand' etc. don't work.

Do you have any further ideas?

There must be a possibility! You also need that e.g. for setting a background
color to your enumeration. I noticed that using

[before=\starttextbackground, after=\stoptextbackground]

also messes up whitespace... .

I would again greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!
Johann