On 11/22/2020 5:03 PM, Joseph wrote:
Dear list,

In some cases with latest LMTX I see text not aligned to grid. MWE reproduces the problem (could not reproduce with default font).

Typesetting MWE using online ConTeXt page shows correctly aligned text on grid.

\showgrid

\setuplayout[grid=both]

\definefontfeature[base][mode=node]

\definefontfamily[mainfont][serif][EBGaramond][features=base]

\setupbodyfont[mainfont, 9pt]

\starttext

\blank[line, samepage]Fin des psalmes.

\blank[line, samepage]Fin des psalmes.

\dorecurse{8}{\input knuth

}

\stoptext

If number of itérations is changed from 8 to 7) problem does not appear, seems to be linked to the fact page is fully filled with lines.

If one of the \blank lines is commented out problem does not occur either.

It might have to do with the fact that the height/depth ratio that is used doesn't match well with the ascenders/descenders of the font that you use. The defaults are:

\setupinterlinespace
  [height=.72,
   depth=.28,
   line=2.8\exheight]

so you can play with these. The 72:28 ratio works ok for most fonts but sometimes need to be adapted. Sometimes the 2.8 is not enough.

(makes me wonder: i can issue a warning when a font can overrun)

(normally grid snapping should catch is but columns are kind of different)