Hi,

I have recently retired my 2012 mac mini in favour of a new Apple silicon M1 mac mini on which I would like to install ConTeXt. I know that their are no ARM binaries yet for ConTeXt but Apple say that intel binaries can be run on an ARM using the Rosetta emmulation software. I tried to download the intel binaries using the install.sh that comes with the context-osx-64.zip file but of course it does not recognise the ARM chip and suggests contacting the mailing list. In some previous emails to the list, in which I was a participent, (see the post "new upload" of 26/11/2020) their was some discussion on how Context could be set up to work on these machines by building binaries using Xcode. I am afraid this is well above my skillset so I was wondering how I could get the Intel binaries and then set up ConTeXt running with the Rosetta emulation software. I should be able to do that. If this is possible, I would be very happy to do some testing and report back my experiences to the list.

Best Wishes

Keith McKay

Scotland, UK