On 12/12/2020 10:36 AM, Jean-Philippe Rey wrote:
Dear list,

I am unable to draw a plot using an external file with LMTX. Here is a minimal
example

=====================
\usemodule[pgfplots]
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
\startaxis
\addplot table [x=t, y=E] {mfe-addplot.dat};
\stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

The ConTeXt run fails with an "Undefined control sequence" error (see attached
log file). I don't know if this is an LMTX or PGF issue. The example works fine with
MkIV. I tried with the tikz version available on ConTeXt garden (pgf 3.0.1, pgfplots
1.16) and the last one from CTAN (pgf 3.1.7a, pgfplots 1.17) with the same result.

looks like \PackageError is undefined which is something PGF

but maybe you should

! Package pgfplots Warning: running in backwards compatibility mode (unsuitable tick labels; missing features). Consider writing \pgfplotsset{compat=1.17} into your preamble.

use that setting in order to not end up at that command