Marco Patzer schrieb am 06.01.2021 um 22:09:
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 07:09:46 +1100
jbf <roma83...@gmail.com> wrote:

I had searched everywhere on the wiki and in the manuals for
something like this, based on 'reset' but could not find it.
AFAIK it's not mentioned in the manuals. But a variant is on the
wiki “Independent Section Numbering”:

   https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles

   \definestructureresetset
     [default][1,1,0][1] %% reset part, chapter, but not section

   \setuphead
     [sectionresetset=default]

\definestructureresetset is the same as \defineresetset. I assume
that \definestructureresetset is the preferred way. But both will
work.

No, \defineresetset is the main command and \definestructureresetset is a alias for backwards compatibility.

Wolfgang