On 1/14/2021 10:44 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Hi again,
the following example used to work with LMTX (but not MkIV) from September.

Now I get the "narrower" indentation only if I comment the first line (in both
versions) – apparently there’s a setup conflict, and I don’t know any more why I needed
this setup.

Could you explain what it does (did, should do)?

Hraban

\setupdelimitedtext[quotation][method=font] % hanging quotation marks
%\setupalign[hanging]
\setupnarrower[left=2em,right=1.5em]

\definenarrower[Zitat]
\setupnarrower[Zitat]
  [left=2em,
   right=1.5em,
   before=\dontleavehmode\hskip-0.33em\startquotation,
   % fake hanging quotation mark
   after=\stopquotation]

\usemodule[visual]

\starttext

\fakewords{50}{50}

\startquotation
quotation \fakewords{100}{100}
\stopquotation\footnote{about quotation}

\startZitat
Zitat \fakewords{100}{100}
\stopZitat\footnote{about Zitat}

\stoptext
can you test with (in cont-new.mkxl)

\def\spac_narrower_start_apply#1%
  {\narrowerparameter\c!before
   \global\s_spac_narrower_left  \zeropoint
   \global\s_spac_narrower_right \zeropoint
   \global\s_spac_narrower_middle\zeropoint
   \edef\askednarrower{#1}%
   \ifx\askednarrower\v!reverse
     \ifconditional\s_spac_narrower_last_swap
       \frozen\leftskip \s_spac_narrower_right_last
       \frozen\rightskip\s_spac_narrower_left_last
       \setfalse\s_spac_narrower_last_swap
     \else
       \frozen\leftskip \s_spac_narrower_left_last
       \frozen\rightskip\s_spac_narrower_right_last
       \settrue\s_spac_narrower_last_swap
     \fi
   \else

\normalexpanded{\processcommalistwithparameters[\askednarrower]}\spac_narrower_initialize
\frozen\advance\leftskip \dimexpr\s_spac_narrower_left +\s_spac_narrower_middle\relax

\frozen\advance\rightskip\dimexpr\s_spac_narrower_right+\s_spac_narrower_middle\relax
   \fi
   \seteffectivehsize}