On 2/22/2021 2:05 PM, Jairo A. del Rio wrote:
Hi. list.
Is it possible to assign an arbitrary equation tag in ConTeXt? I've seen solutions here;

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/400257/tag-equation-in-context-with-arbitrary-text <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/400257/tag-equation-in-context-with-arbitrary-text>

but none of them works as expected (either the formula counter is still incrementing with arbitrary conversions or cross-references don't work).

Define 'expected' ... \eqno is something low level (a primitive) and we have that nilled at the user level and only use it deep down. It was never meant as user command.

I imagine some things have changed in 2021 and I hope a better solution is feasible nowadays.

\startTEXpage[offset=2bp]
\startplaceformula[title=A]
    \startformula
        1 + 1 = 2