On 3/5/2021 3:44 PM, Jacob Kauffmann wrote:
Dear list,

thank you very much for the help so far.

I have two problems understanding the output of the code below. I am using
version 2021.02.23 17:47.
(1) The TEXpage is cut off after ~40 lines. Normally, the page is extended to
fit its content. It's probably related to \placetable which I only use here
because I need a centered table. I can set the height of the page manually, but
the whole purpose of using TEXpage was to avoid that.
(2) \recurselevel is always zero in the output. Normally, it counts the
iterations. This issue is not relevant for my actual use-case, but I found that
when writing the MWE.

Best wishes,
Jacob Kauffmann

\setupTEXpage[width=10cm]

\startTEXpage
\placetable[force,none]{}{%
\starttabulate[|c|c|]
\NC A \NC B \NC\NR
\HL
\dorecurse{50}{\NC \expanded{\recurselevel} \NC \recurselevel \NC\NR}
\stoptabulate
}
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext
\startTEXpage[strut=no,offset=10pt]
    \starttabulate[|c|c|c|c|c|]
        \NC A \NC B \NC C \NC D \NC E \NC \NR
        \HL
        \dorecurse{50}{\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC\NR}
    \stoptabulate
\stopTEXpage

works ok here upto

\starttext
    \startTEXpage[strut=no,offset=10pt]
        \starttabulate[|c|c|c|c|c|]
            \NC A \NC B \NC C \NC D \NC E \NC \NR
            \HL
            \dorecurse{1128}{\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC ##1\NC\NR}
        \stoptabulate
    \stopTEXpage
\stoptext

but you need a special printer for that anyway

(don't use a place command inside a TEXpage)