Ah, I've now realized that the \blockligatures needs to be activated as a font
feature... So forget about this point.

But, it still looks like ligature prevention with \replaceword is not working
with lmtx, but it works with --luatex.

% these don't prevent ligatures
\replaceword[eka][auffasse][au{ff}asse]
\replaceword[eka][auffasst][au{ff}asst]
\replaceword[eka][auffasste][au{ff}asste]
\replaceword[eka][asdf][jklö] % this works though

% block as a font feature
\blockligatures[ff]
\definefontfeature[default:nolig][default][blockligatures=yes]

% finally this here works
\startexceptions[de]
au{f-}{f}{ff}(f\zwnj f)asse
au{f-}{f}{ff}(f\zwnj f)asste
\stopexceptions

\starttext

no replacements\par
asdf
auffasste
auffasse
ff
\blank

with replacements\par
\setreplacements[eka]
asdf
auffasste
auffasse
ff
\blank

disable replacements again\par
\resetreplacements
asdf
auffasste
auffasse
ff
\blank

disable ligatures via font features\par
\definedfont[Serif*default:nolig]
asdf
auffasste
auffasse
ff
\definedfont[Serif*default] % back to normal font
\blank

now via exceptions\par
\language[de] % this should trigger ligature handling via exceptions
auffasste
auffasse