On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 8:37 PM Hans van der Meer <havdm...@ziggo.nl> wrote:

> Why tilde is displayed?
>

> Wouldn't the simple answer not be: because XML is not TeX?

I see your point for tilde: with finalizers in mind I was already in the
stomach, while mouth was looking at the menu. Teaser for S01E02:
finalizers.

I still would expect unicode nbsp to be expandable, otherwise I would have
to treat it somehow (no problem with that). Remember times when non
expandable/shrinkable nbsp was the first clue the book was typeset in Word?
I've checked it now and it's still the case.

Thank you,
Jano