Hello everyone,

I'm having an xtable spanning several pages and need to have its headers
repeated.

For this I've set "split=repeat", but unfortunately this causes the
table to start with a new new page leaving the rest of the preceding
page empty. Having "split=yes" makes the tabe continue on the previous
page as a need it to, but then the header isn't repeated any longer.

I realize that there has been a very similar question already in
https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg93775.html, but my
problem happens isolated in a very clean situation w/o any header,
floats or the like - and I don't see yet how I can get this working in
my situation. Any help is highly appreciated, here is a MWE of my problem:

\definextable[mytable]
\setupxtable[mytable]
[
option=max,