Hi Jairo,

thank you for the suggestion.

> Am 11.05.2021 um 14:56 schrieb Jairo A. del Rio <jairoadelr...@gmail.com>:
>
> For simple pens, you may define your own (section 9.7 of MetaPost manual).

Unfortunately, pens don’t work as patterns but only as outlines.

> For complicated strokes, something along these lines could be useful as a
> starting point (I'm not taking cyclic paths in consideration, btw). I did
> something similar with duck footprints some weeks ago:
>
> %Sorry for the ugly code...
> \starttext
> \startMPpage
> %Unit size
> numeric u; u := 1mm;
>
> %In a picture you are able to include everything, kinda
> picture Pluma;
> Pluma := image(
>       for i = 1 upto 5:
>               for j = 1 upto 5:
>                       draw (i,j) randomized 1;
>               endfor
>       endfor
> );

Unfortunately, that’s the same pattern over and over.
The randomization is only applied once.
Good for footprints, bad for fuzzy patterns.

> %Simple curve
> path Camino;
> Camino := origin for i = 1 upto 30: .. (u*i, u*sind (12i mod 360)) endfor;
>
> %Strokes
> for i = 0 step 1/2 until length Camino:
>       draw Pluma rotated (90 + angle direction i of Camino)
>               shifted point i of Camino;
> endfor

Since I have more or less straight lines but of different length, the "one
pattern per 1/n path segment" doesn’t work for me. I could try to construct my
paths differently.

Hraban