On 26/05/21, 15:14, Rik Kabel wrote:
> For a few revisions now, I have seen the following as the very first line of
> log files. It is not coming from my document. Is anybody else seeing it?
>
>    fonts           > beware: no fonts are loaded yet, using 'lm mono'
>    in box
>
> Here is an example document that generates it:
>
>    \setupbodyfont[libertinus,10pt]
>    \starttext
>    Hello world!
>    \stoptext
>
> It seems harmless, but it does result in loading an un-needed font.
>
>    mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 4 files: lmmono10-regular.otf,
>    libertinusmath-bold.otf, libertinusmath-regular.otf,
>    libertinusserif-regular.otf

Looks like something is accidentally being typeset (maybe stored in a
box) before \starttext. You can reproduce this in MKIV with the
following

    \writestatus{debug}{Before}
    \setbox\scratchbox=\hbox{oeps}
    \writestatus{debug}{After}
    \starttext
    Hello world!
    \stoptext

and in the log you will find

    debug           > Before
    fonts           > beware: no fonts are loaded yet, using 'lm mono' in box
    debug           > After

so it is definitely due to typesetting.

Cheers, Henri