On Tue, 2021-06-08 at 17:41 +0200, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 6/7/21 10:43 PM, Leonard Janis Robert König wrote:
> > Hi Adam, Hi Pablo,
> >
> > I just noticed your replies, sorry for the late answer!
> >
> > I could sign forms with both okular as well as mupdf just fine,
> > although the behavior is different.  The former assumes that the
> > field
> > is already an existing signature and segfaults when you look at the
> > properties, but cann successfully add another signature using the
> > "Tools" menu.

Hi Pablo,

> I’m afraid that I don’t use Okular.
>
> >  With the latter you can click on the form field to
> > trigger a menu to select the signature you want to sign with, and
> > it
> > "replaces" the "empty" signature generated by ConTeXt.  Both work
> > fine,
> > even with my newer ConTeXt.
>
> mupdf-gl signs the document, but in a way that only mupdf-gl
> understands it.
>
> Try to open a PDF document signed with mupdf-gl in Acrobat (Reader or
> not). You will see that the signature is wrong.

Hm, I tested with Okular, Firefox and MasterPDF as I don't have Acrobat
on Linux, and both understand the signature, which is why I thought
it'd be correct.

> > As mentioned above, it seems that mupdf (now?) actually rewrites
> > "both"
> > signatures into one, however Okular doesn't.
>
> Sorry, objects is a very special term in PDF parlance. It has nothing
> do with signatures.
>
> Just in case it might help,

Ah, I see.  I'm still a bit unsure what to make of the "fields nested
in TABLEs" issue, but maybe further debugging will show at some point.

~ Leo