On 7/9/2021 1:58 AM, Thangalin wrote:
This has come up before on the mailing list, but I was wondering if LMTX has a more elegant solution than using a transparent/invisible capture of the drop-cap.

Consider:

|\setupinitial[n=2, style=\tfd, location=text] \setuphead[chapter][after={\placeinitial}] \starttext \chapter Hello world! \input ward \stoptext |

The output shows that the second paragraph is not indented beyond the bounding box of the drop-cap, resulting in an overlap. This isn't a problem when the first paragraph spans two or more lines.

Any ideas for how to resolve this without changing the content?
all is possible but in a complex system with lots of possible interactions it will never be robust (especially carrying over stuff across paragraphs and page boundaries)

I'll provide

\forgetinitial

and maybe some more clever hack but then i first have to play more with some new features (there are a bunch awaiting experiments).