Argh; mea culpa. Thanks for the very quick reply, Hans. It does work "as
expected" (albeit deprecated)---Tracking down errors, I was misled by an error
immediately following the deprecation warning and associated it with the
warning, not the subsequent text.

Thanks,
 ---K

Kevin W. Rudd, Ph.D.
CAPT, USN (Ret)

Computer Architecture & Computer Engineering
Advanced Computing Systems (ACS) Research Program
Laboratory for Physical Sciences (LPS)

443-654-7878
ke...@lps.umd.edu<mailto:ke...@lps.umd.edu>

Visiting Research Professor