Hi,

since the lettrine module does not work with LMTX, I’ve looked into
\setupinitial.
(There is a different thread about this.)

There is a „style“ parameter to change the style, but whenever I change the
style, the font size is reset.
This is not what I expected.

This was the case in context before LMTX, thus it is not a regression.

% !TEX TS-program = ConTeXt (LuaTeX LMTX2021)
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\starttext

\setupinitial[color=red]

\start
\setupinitial[n=2,m=1]
\placeinitial\input ward
\stop

\start
\setupinitial[style=\tf,n=2,m=1]
\placeinitial\input ward
\stop

\start
\setupinitial[font=Roman at 32 pt,n=2,m=1]
\placeinitial\input ward
\stop

\start
\setupinitial[style=\it,n=2,m=1]
\placeinitial\input ward
\stop

\start
\setupinitial[font=Italic at 32 pt,n=2,m=1]
\placeinitial\input ward
\stop

\start
\setupinitial[style=\it,font=Italic at 32 pt,n=2,m=1]
\placeinitial\input ward
\stop

\stoptext

Are my expectations wrong?