Hi all,

just two quick questions: a couple of weeks ago, there was a long discussion on ligature exceptions in, e.g., German. Hans provided an elegant new mechanism (\startlanguageoptions). So my two questions:

1. Is the old mechanism (\replaceword[eg][Auflage][Au{fl}age]) now obsolete? I tried using it, but unwanted ligatures still occurred. If it is indeed deprecated, I'll add a note to the wiki (this would mean that the current texlive version does not have the new mechanism and the latest lmtx doesn't use the old one, so that's somewhat problematic).

2. Both mechanisms only work for complete words, is that right? So I can't just provide a pattern such as "uf|forder," I have to provide a full list with all inflected forms:

auf|fordern
auf|fordert
auf|fordernd
Auf|forderung
Auf|forderungen

and for 1-3 also the forms with a capital letter.

Thank you!

Thomas