On 8/16/2021 2:18 PM, Peter Münster via ntg-context wrote:
On Mon, Aug 16 2021, Peter Münster via ntg-context wrote:

that breaks the error-checker of AucTeX.

No, sorry. It's something else, that breaks it: lines, that begin like
"4:5: [glue]<1: ...".

Such lines look like errors to AucTeX. What does "4:5" mean? Is this
going to change?

it has been like that for a while ... it means:

grouplevel:inputlevel

(and actually i added :catcodetable too)

if you don't want that you can say:

\tracinglevels\zerocount

you can set bits

1 : grouplevel
2 : inputlevel
4 : catcodetable
but anyway, logging is more granular on the one hand and more compact on the other and that is not going to change (we have way more relevant info in lua(metatex) available and opening up with lua also means that we need to report a bit more)

(just try \tracingall)