On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 at 17:46, Gavin <gavinpub...@comcast.net> wrote:

> The instructions we followed for installing the modules are at
>
>         https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules#ConTeXt_LMTX
>
> These instructions include the line
>
>         rsync -rltv --del rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/modules/
> modules
>
> This does not seem to produce the same files as the
> distribution.contextgarden.net address that you provided.

What's the main difference?
(Sure, you get all of the modules, not just TikZ. I somewhat suspect
that old files don't get deleted, so you may also end up with some old
files with the same name taking precedence and breaking the
functionality.)

> Should we be following different installation instructions?

I didn't test them, but the instructions seem more or less correct.

If you only need tikz (or just for testing with a fresh installation),
you could test with something similar to
    rsync -av --delete
rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/modules/t-tikz/
path-to/texmf-modules/

Mojca