Hi everybody.

I wonder how does math.random() work in context. I found that this subject was
discussed more than ten years ago by Otared and Taco and Thomas. It is clear to
me how to obtain new results upon typesetting the same file by changing the
value of math.randomseed (with os.time()).

If you don't change the seed, you get the same result upon each typesetting,
and a seed is given in the .tuc file.

For example I have this:
["randomseed"]=0x1.0741c18b8a4ep-6

How do I use (and is it possible to) this value to have the same result of
math.random() upon typesetting another file (with a different name) ?

I could provide a same fixed seed in both files, but for some reasons I would
like to re-use some previous results of math.random() for which no seed was
initially given in another .tex file.

Thank you
Thierry