Hi, since Jacob started the pony mode, here’s one I’d like to ride:

MetaPost pens are constant, i.e. they never change over the length of a path.

Commercial vector graphics apps have “vector brushes”, e.g. Adobe Fresco:
https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/using/vector-brushes.html
The page nicely shows the necessary variables.

In Inkscape you can combine “brush images” like
https://publicdomainvectors.org/en/free-clipart/Paintbrushes-for-Inkscape/86586.html
with pen shapes:
https://logosbynick.com/custom-brushes-in-inkscape/

This stretches the whole shape over the path – not perfect but good enough (and
the same what e.g. “my” Affinity Designer does).
(https://affinity.serif.com/designer/)

Is this possible with MetaFun, i.e. use a closed path and distort/stretch it
along an open path?
If, how?

Hraban