Oh, as a a more general response I can only reiterate what has been said
already: Depending on your particular needs it might be better to start with
some neutral input and generate output formats from there. There are plenty of
options each with particular up- and downsides, e.g. markdown via pandoc, or
asciidoc., or XML with XSLT. In the Racket ecosystem there's also
scribble/pollen which looks quite interesting. I have never used that though.

Denis