You guys show a warning when compiling PF_RING as root:
 ****** WARNING WARNING WARNING ****** * * Compiling PF_RING as root might lead
you to compile errors * Please compile PF_RING as unpriviliged user *

I'm wondering what the idea behind this warning is... I think it's been there
for a long time, but I can't think of a reason why there would be a problem
when compiling as root, other than the fact
that a later 'make clean' etc. also needs to be run as root
.
We've created a .deb package for PF_RING, which is installed/compiled by dpkg.
When dpkg compiles PF_RING, it does so as the root user.

So far it has never caused problems, but I'd like to know if there's some
scenario where this could lead to problems.

Thank you,

Chris

ATTENTION:
The information in this email message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.

Should you receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is prohibited and may be unlawful.