In the charts tab of the Interfaces section, we can choose time ranges between
5 minutes and 1 year to display the traffic levels on a chart. I haven't been
able to get the chart to display more than one week of data. If I ask it to
display two weeks, it waits for a very long time then seems to give up.

I assume it's having trouble querying the mysql database for that much data.
Are there any tests I can do to prove this, and is there anything I can do to
speed it up?

The mysql I installed still has all the default configuration settings. It's
running on a recent version of Ubuntu server.

Peter Shute