Hi,
I'm evaluating PFRING ZC on an Intel X710, aiming for 100% capture up to 10G.
Capture appears reliable if I leave the system alone while capturing, but if I
switch desktops or reload a webpage or thrash alt-tab, for example, I see
packet loss. It becomes stable again when I leave it alone. Server has plenty
of cores, rx queue len set to max at 4096.
Also, if using 2 or 4 RSS queues for example, dropped packets are always
reported on @0, even if actually dropped from other queues.
Is there much that can be done to improve this? I've read that an X520 has a
larger buffer - would this help?
Regards,Matt.