From: ntop-boun...@listgateway.unipi.it [ntop-boun...@listgateway.unipi.it] on
behalf of Luca Deri [d...@ntop.org]
Sent: 13 October 2016 16:10
To: n...@unipi.it
Cc: ntop@listgateway.unipi.it
Subject: Re: [Ntop] Adding new services / protocols

Stuart
yes all you say is correct. Can you please send us a pull request on github so
we can see what you have done?

Thanks Luca

On 13 Oct 2016, at 16:00, Stuart Bailey
<stuart.bai...@ast-uk.com<mailto:stuart.bai...@ast-uk.com>> wrote:

Hello,
I'm interested in adding some new services / protocol:

OnSatMail - an email service
Facebook Videos - for identifying videos within Facebook, rather that tagging
as Facebook generally.

I have followed the instructions in the README.md file, alongside the code for
Twitter. It seems that additional steps are required, above what is listed in
the README.
Specifically, I've added a section in
    ndpi_content_match.c.inc - ndpi_network host_protocol_list

I've also added a section in ndpi_protocol_match host_match, but I cannot see
how this list is ever used.

For Facebook Video, which is delivered over TLS, I can only detect based on the
URL. Therefore, I will need to access SNI information - is this possible?

Many thanks,

Stuart

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
individual to whom it is addressed. Any view or opinion expressed belongs
solely to the author and does not necessarily represent those of Applied
Satellite Technology Ltd, its subsidiaries or any affiliated group company
(AST).
If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance of its
content; to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us
if you have received this message in error before deleting it. All liability is
excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of
the use of this medium to transmit information by or to AST. Thank you for your
co-operation.
Applied Satellite Technology Ltd | Company Number: 2153172 England | Registered
Office: Satellite House, Bessemer Way, Harfreys Industrial Estate, Great
Yarmouth, Norfolk NR31 0LX (UK)

Click
here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/VPGqjTdfPwXGX2PQPOmvUhkLFoJbzkFEszRhfrG0ZBHgvdrVuw4I1HW9Y3fweZaN4EZhVVDsjoyn9BVBzDB66w==>
 to report this email as spam.