2.2 is no longer supported.  There is a 2.2c at SourceForge and we're asking
people to test the cvs version also.

That rpm was probably created on a RH 7.3 system... so I can't vouch for the
dependencies in the rpm being 100% accurate on any other RH version.
Remember, when you install a package, there is often a -devel version that
has the header files that must also be installed.  As it happens that's not
true for libpcap (there's no libpcap-devel that I'm aware of)...  you can
always look for the pieces via:

$ locate libpcap
/usr/lib/libpcap.so.0
/usr/lib/libpcap.a
/usr/lib/libpcap.so
/usr/lib/libpcap.so.0.6.2
/usr/lib/libpcap.so.0.6
/usr/share/doc/libpcap-0.6.2
/usr/share/doc/libpcap-0.6.2/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/libpcap-0.6.2/README
$ locate pcap.h
/usr/include/pcap.h
/usr/src/linux-2.4.19um/include/config/uml/net/pcap.h

It ought to work, as /usr/lib is a 'standard' location for ld to resolve .so
files from and the pcap.h file is where the ntop.spec file says it should be
(at least on my system).

Check your file permissions - maybe the userid you're compiling as doesn't
have access to /usr/include/pcap.h???

More to the point, why are you mixing methods?  If you install from an rpm,
you usually install the BINARY package.  If you install the SOURCE, then you
should be following the instructions in BUILD-ntop.txt.

-----Burton