NT UPDATE

Dear Parents,

I hope you all had a restful, healthy and happy holiday. Things are hectic at
NT as we approach the end of term 1.

1. On Tuesday, January 12th, we will be welcoming almost 800 visiting grade 8
students to our school from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 noon. Regular classes have been
cancelled to accommodate the visit. Approximately 300 of our students will be
volunteering to share our great school and inform our visitors about our
programs. Grade 8 parents are invited to an information session from 7-9 p.m.
in the evening.

2.  Charity Week is fast approaching. This year the school is mobilizing to
support "Not For Sale" - an international group that aims to abolish childhood
slavery and the trafficking of children around the world. We start with
educational initiatives and an assembly this week and during the next couple of
weeks conduct a wide range of exciting activities to raise money for the
charity. Each year the school raises about $35,000 for its chosen organization.
Please help support this worthy cause!

3. On Wednesday, January 20th our School (Parent) Council meets again in room
L8 at 7:30 p.m. Please plan on attending. An agenda and more information will
be sent out to you soon.

4. I hope your son/daughter had successful results on their December
examinations. Report cards will be distributed again on Wed. Jan. 10th. Please
expect them to arrive home with your child.

5. At the end of January/beginning of February students will once again choose
which courses they will take the following year. To help you help them, we urge
you to attend our "Parents' Option Information Night" on February 3rd. Guidance
Counsellors will help you make sense of course codes, prerequisites and course
descriptions.

6. There will be no regular classes on Friday, February 12th as teachers will
be involved in professional development activities. The school will be closed
on Monday, February 15th as we will all be enjoying Family Day.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or
concerns.

Best wishes,
Joel Gorenkoff
Principal