A Message from the Silent Auction Committee:

Hello NT Parents,
My name is Kate Stafford and I am this year's Silent Auction head for Charity
Week. For those of you who do not know, Charity Week is a week in January where
North Toronto raises money for the charity chosen by the student body. We
generally raise between $30,000- $40,000 per year during this week.

This year, the charity we are raising money for is called War Child. It is a
Canadian not-for-profit that raises money to help children that are affected by
war. With support from generous donors, War Child Canada provides opportunities
and long-term solutions for war-affected children by focusing on education,
strengthening children's rights, reducing poverty and fostering self-reliance.

One of the key ways we raise money in Charity Week is by running a Silent
Auction. This year's Silent Auction will run on February 4th, in conjunction
with the first night of our charity fashion show.

We are looking for donations of prizes of any size or value or connections to
businesses that might be willing to donate prizes to be auctioned off in
February. All donor businesses will be publicized at the fashion show.

Please contact myself or my staff advisor if you have a prize to be donated. I
can be reached at
k8.stafford@rogers,com<http://ca.mg202.mail.yahoo.com/dc/k8.stafford@rogers,com>
 or (416)-727-9218. Our staff advisor, Jenny Hayden, can be reached at
<jenny.hay...@tdsb.on.ca>.

Any contribution to our fundraising effort for War Child would be greatly
appreciated. We to raise as much money as possible, and we need your help!

Sincerely,

Kate Stafford

Head of Silent Auction