Dear Parents & Guardians,

This is an extremely hectic time at NT as students are beginning
summatives and culminating presentations as well as preparing for
examinations (beginning June 16th). It is also an exciting time of the
year as we celebrate the academic and extracurricular successes of our
students.

Many exciting events are ahead of us: the Athletic Banquet on June 7th,
The Prom on May 26th, and the Farewell Assembly/Pentagon (Yearbook) Day
and Lawn Party on June 15th.

The Formal or Prom of course is a significant event for our graduating
students who have worked extremely hard over the last number of years to
get to this point. We all want students to enjoy this event safely and
with the well-being of themselves and others in mind.

Attendance at the Prom is a privilege and not a right.

The formal is a "school" event, supervised by administration, teaching
staff and police/security. Students are expected to follow all aspects
of the school's "code of conduct" during this event. For instance, if
any student attending the prom is deemed to be "under the influence" of
alcohol or other substance; or in possession of intoxicants, you will be
notified and they will lose their opportunity to attend the prom (as well as
face other possible consequences). This would be unfortunate and we hope that
you will remind your son or daughter of this. As always, the health and safety
of our students is first priority and we want this event to be fun and
memorable! Thanks in advance for your support.

Joel Gorenkoff
Principal