November 6, 2012

Dear Parents/Guardians:

As you may be aware, secondary teachers are in a legal strike position and plan
to start strike actions on Wednesday, November 7, 2012.    It is expected that
these actions will have an impact on the day-to-day operations of our school. A
full list of proposed actions can be found at
www.osstf.on.ca<http://www.osstf.on.ca/>.

We will do everything possible to ensure that report cards are completed in a
timely manner and sent home to you on November 15th as originally planned in
our calendar. Marks only are being entered on the report card. We understand
the importance of these reports for parents and students, especially those
applying to post-secondary institutions this year. Parents are encouraged to
contact teachers directly to discuss the progress of their child.

The Parent/Teacher interviews currently scheduled for November 22nd will still
take place, but during the afternoon only. More information (including how to
sign up for an interview time) will be provided to you in the report card
package. Students will be dismissed after morning classes at 11:20 a.m. to
allow interviews to occur.

We will no longer be following the late start schedule currently in place for
November 23rd.  Classes will revert back to the regular day schedule.
We will continue to monitor the situation as it unfolds and are committed to
doing everything possible to ensure the safety of students and the integrity of
the learning day.

We will continue to provide more information as it becomes available. General
information on the current labour situation can be found at
www.tdsb.on.ca<http://www.tdsb.on.ca/>.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Joel Gorenkoff
Principal, North Toronto CI