May 30, 2013

Re: North Toronto CI - Thank you and Welcome

Dear Students, Staff, Parents & Guardians of North Toronto Collegiate Institute,

As you may know, Vice Principal Mary Laszlo retired effective March 31, 2013.
Retired
Vice Principal Sima Naymark (up until April 30) and presently, retired
Principal Michael
Ferguson have worked with the current administrative team to ensure the
continuity of
programming and service to our students until the end of the school year.
Trustee
Laskin and I have been working with Senior TDSB Administration to select a
permanent
Vice Principal commencing September 1, 2013.

On behalf of the Toronto District School Board, we take this opportunity to
inform you
that on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 the board approved a series of Principal/Vice
Principal transfers and promotions. At the meeting the placement of Mr. William
Mack,
who is returning from a secondment and a leave of absence, to Vice
Principal-North
Toronto CI, was approved effective September 1, 2013.

At this time we would like to thank Mr. Ferguson for his ongoing excellent
service and
support of North Toronto students and his commitment to the North Toronto CI
community since May 1.

William Mack holds qualifications in Intermediate and Senior Divisions English
and
French with an additional qualification in French. Mr. Mack has extensive
teaching
experience at the intermediate and senior school levels and brings with him
administrative experience as Vice Principal of Oakwood Collegiate Institute and
Vice
Principal of Northern Secondary School. He is returning from a secondment to
OISE/University of Toronto and a leave of absence.

Mr. Mack is committed to creating a caring, safe, inclusive and equitable school
environment focused on student well-being, engagement, achievement and success.
Please join us in welcoming William Mack to the North Toronto CI community. We
look
forward to working with Mr. Mack and the administrative team of Principal Joel
Gorenkoff
and Vice Principal Kathleen Pyper.

Sincerely,

Shelley Laskin, Trustee, Ward 11

Ian Allison, Superintendent of Education, WR08 Schools