A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Forest Hill Collegiate Institute
invites you and a fried to an evening of learning and discussion about
Youth Mental Health, Anxiety and Addiction Problems
on Monday, May 25th at 7:00 PM in the FHCI Library, 730 Eglinton Ave. W, Toronto
presented by
The Family Navigation Project and Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

The Family Navigation Project at Sunnybrook is a non-profit program designed to
provide expert navigation of the mental health and addictions service system
for youth aged 13-26 and their families.

This is a description of the project and mission statement from the Family
Navigation Project website at
http://sunnybrook.ca/content/?page=family-navigation-project

About the Family Navigation Project

We are committed to supporting families and their youth in the path to recovery
and optimum functioning. Our promise to families is to engage with them to help
them navigate the health care and related services system, connect to
appropriate and credible assessment and treatment resources, receive assistance
in as timely a way as possible and negotiate challenging situations that may
arise, all the while knowing that help and support is available for them every
step of the way.

Our promise to the health care system is to help build relationships with
treatment providers, centres and programs that will facilitate connections for
families and youth. In launching this innovative model of care, we hope to
encourage positive change within the system.

Our mission statement

Developed by families for families, the Family Navigation Project seeks to
engage with, inform, advocate and provide connections for, support, and empower
the families of youth with serious mental health and addictions problems so
that the youth and families receive the help they need at the right time, in
the right place and from the right people.

On Monday, May 25, we will be joined for the presentation by:
* Staci Weingust, Manager for the Family Navigation Project
* Katie Wicik, Navigator for the Family Navigation Project
* Linda Conn, Social Worker at the Division of Youth Psychiatry
* Peggy Richter, MD, Psychiatrist and Head, Frederick W. Thompson Anxiety
Disorders
Centre<http://sunnybrook.ca/research/content/?page=thompson-centre-home>,
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Don't miss this exceptional opportunity to connect directly with the experts
and service providers from the field or to simply learn more about your child's
mental health.

Please plan to attend and to bring a friend with you. Everyone is welcome. We
are looking forward to seeing you all!

If you wish to obtain further information, please contact Peggy Aitchison,
Principal, Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, 416-393-1860 x 20010,
peggy.aitchi...@tdsb.on.ca<mailto:peggy.aitchi...@tdsb.on.ca> .