A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Please mark your calendars for the next NTCI School (Parent) Council event.

In addition to brief administration, staff, student council and parent reports,
we will host the following guest speaker presentation:

The Teenage Tango
Are you interested in taking the sting out of power struggles with your
teenager? This evening will help you recognize that brain growth, biological
shifts in sleep patterns and the drive to shape an identity are what is
transforming your lovable child into an unpredictable and often challenging
teenager.

Once you understand your teenager’s behavior, you can choose alternatives to
many of your self-defeating responses and learn to take a non-reactive
approach. You will recognize that parenting a teen is a dance and that it takes
two, plus some fancy footwork on your part, to make this tango a dance you can
enjoy!

Guest Speaker: Michelle Keeley, a teacher with twenty years of experience, a
certified personal and parenting coach and a mother of two teenage boys

Monday, November 23rd, 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Room 215

Attending NT Council Meetings is an excellent way to keep current on NT
activities and to share information with other NT parents. We look forward to
seeing you!

NTCI School (Parent) Council